Comment on page
Streamline your API security testing with Pynt and Newman! Explore our onboarding guide to harness the power of the Pynt command for Newman.
To run pynt with a local stored postman collection use pynt newman.
- 1.Install Pynt CLI:
python -m pip install pyntcli
- 3.Ensure your functional test collection is available in your workspace.
- 4.If your functional tests requires environment variables, make sure they are set.
- 5.Make sure your target is up.
- Please verify the above by running your functional test collection vs. your target before executing the Pynt security test.
- Pynt utilizes your functional tests to perform the security tests. The more extensive the functional tests are, the more the security tests will cover. For example, more APIs, more users, more requests and full use of the parameters will trigger broader and richer dynamic security tests.
Usage: pynt newman [OPTIONS]
--collection - Postman collection file name
--environment - Postman environment file name
--reporters - output results to pynt_results.json and pynt_results.html
--return-error - 'all-findings' (warnings, or errors), 'errors-only', 'never' (default),
pynt newman --collection goat.postman_collection.json